Long time no post…
Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Ran the NYC half marathon in 2:56:44 on March 17th. Rockstar.
- Didn’t get into the NYU nursing program – so instead taking an online class. 3 chapters to go and I’ll be done. Taking another one this summer, and then diving into science classes at BMCC in the fall.
- Shoulder – no more PT, but kinda stopped doing the exercise while focusing on running and more running. Slacker.
- Started working out at The Fhitting Room which is amazing. The first class was the most difficult class I’ve ever taken and I was sore for 4 days afterwards. Froze my NYSC membership for a few months.
- Started the Whole30 challenge on Monday. My eating habits have been subpar lately and my BFF Samantha told me about it and started it last week and I was very intrigued…
- Old roommate left – found new roommate and she fits in well with the 3 of us
- Work – many changes, many friends leaving, but change is good, and I know my time there is limited since I will be going to nursing school in about 2 years (yay pre-reqs)
- Family – all is well, my sister and brother-in-law are looking to buy a condo and my parents are settling in after being in Florida for a month. Next visit to MA is for Mother’s Day weekend and I can’t wait.
- Boston. I’m still in a bit of shock and can’t stop reading and watching and learning about what went down. I hope they get the bastard(s) who did this. I’ll always be a Masshole no matter where I live.
- Joined a CSA which starts June 4th. Can’t wait for my weekly pick up of local fresh farm veggies.
- Still pantrying through NYCARES – but my pantry changed it’s name which still throws us off a bit. Yorkville Common Pantry – now New York Common Pantry. Still my favorite volunteer place though.
I got home from San Francisco on Sunday night and didn’t bother to completely unpack. I’m off tomorrow and in about 15 minutes will be headed to Penn Station to take the train to MA for the weekend.
San Francisco was beautiful. My cousin’s wedding was at a winery and everything was spectacular… view, food, guests, ceremony, reception, dancing, really everything was just wonderful. My cousin and his new bride were both beaming – so happy for both of them! It was also great to see my family. We are spread out across the country, so we don’t see each other very often. Last time I saw almost everyone there was last summer at my other cousin’s wedding.
On the way home, my sister and her fiance and I were supposed to be on the same flight, but they got bumped. It ended up working out for the best since they wouldn’t have been able to sit together and we all had a layover in Cleveland before heading our respective ways. Plus I had was flying first class (and that was a free ticket) so I certainly wasn’t going to let myself get bumped 😉 More on free tickets and the like in a later post.
Work has been ridiculous this week; I’ve been working late and just crashing when I get home. I think I’m also a little jet lagged too so that’s not helping. PT is going well – two sessions this week and I’m slowly seeing progress. My gym membership was unfrozen (unfrozen?) as of Tuesday, so of course I also made myself go to a spin class that day before work. It was a tough class but I haven’t worked out like that in a really long time.
Ok, time to wrap things up at work and get to the train. Bridal shower this weekend, so let the celebrating continue!
Hello from sunny San Francisco!
It’s so nice to be here in the 60s instead of the brutal heat wave of the 90+ temperatures we’ve been having in New York City the last few weeks. I’m here for my cousin’s wedding which means it is also a family reunion. We are spread out across the country so we don’t see each other very often.
Last night was the rehearsal dinner at a really nice country club that my cousin’s soon to be in laws belong too. Buffet dinner and lots of champagne…but considering we had a late Mexican lunch we were not too hungry. Tonight the wedding is at a nearby winery which I am pretty excited about. We’ve heard there is quite a view of the city from there too. I love wineries!
Tomorrow is a free day and we are trying to figure out where to go and what to see. Most of us have been here before and have done a lot of the touristy things already. I think we might end up going to a beach cove area and hitting some hiking trails. We definitely want to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather!
Sunday morning my sister, her fiance and I have a wicked early flight back to the right coast. It’s a free flight for the three of us (thank you frequent flyer miles on our credit cards) but I’m flying first class for the same amount of miles which is all sorts of exciting!
Off to do my PT exercises…I’m so sore from weird sleeping and from my PT session on Tuesday so they are quite challenging.